- Financial: I’m having a difficult time with this one. Some months I’ve managed to keep to the $100/month budget, others I was over, and others I was way under. My cats have been unanticipated expenses this year, too. Overall, though, I’m working toward getting my student loans out of hock, my car payment caught up, money in savings, and a 401k by the end of the year. Some of that will still be in-progress (student loans will be ongoing forever), but the rest will be doable! I feel kinda good about that.
- Physical: I’m nowhere near my target weight loss goal. I can’t get there unless I lose a leg. I have greatly improved my fitness this year so far, and I am running my first 5k in December (jogging, really, but it’s a start), and I hope to do that ONE mile in under 10 minutes before the end of the year. I will push on that. I’m doing the Jillian Michaels’ 30-day shred. I’ve worked out more this year than any other, and I’ve changed my diet more, too. I guess I just wasn’t consistent enough. I know that this summer I had a setback with a hip injury that knocked me down for 12 weeks, and I lost a lot of ground… that’s honestly not an excuse, but it did not help me progress toward my goals. I got sloppy. It happens to most people. At this stage, I’m now at the heaviest I’ve been all year. I’m sticking to a brutally restrictive diet and tough exercise regimen (Couch-to-5k and the 30-day shred both) and at this point, hope to re-achieve my low weight for the year.
- Beauty: I’ve continued to make efforts on this, but not as consistently as I could. I still have my hair in a bun a lot (because it’s quick, easy, and controls my hair). After the 2nd haircut I decided I couldn’t heat style my hair as much because the split ends were seriously bad… and without that, frizz is not a style.
- Be nicer to my cat: poor Mickey. She’s having a really bad time of it. Her eyes have quit producing tears, she was scratching bald and bleeding spots in herself… nicer is a relative term. She’s on daily eyedrops/cream (which she hates) and a prescription diet (which she’s convinced is starving her to death) and at this moment she has laryngitis. I’ve probably spent over $1300 in vet bills. Her vaccines are up-to-date. I still love my kitty to pieces and we snuggle every night.
- Photo-of-the-week: this is the one last section I need to work on updating! There are some missing weeks, but I’ll be posting as many as I can. I don’t think I can hit 95% though. Some pictures were apparently lost due to technology-issues, but really, I think that was one or two photos.